ScottishCBD use pure certified green HEMP CBD oil .
Rest high street companies use yellow MCT oil to make fake cbd oil : like vitrality cbd, british cannabis, orange county cbd etc.
Hemp oil and MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil are two different types of oils with distinct compositions, uses, and characteristics. Here are the key differences between them:
- Hemp Oil: Hemp oil, also known as hemp seed
oil, is derived from the seeds of the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa). It does not contain significant amounts of cannabinoids like CBD or THC but is rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
- MCT Oil: MCT oil is typically derived from coconut oil or palm oil, specifically from the medium-chain triglycerides found in these sources. MCTs are a type of saturated fat that is easily absorbed and metabolized by the body.
- Hemp Oil: Hemp oil is primarily composed of fatty acids, including omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as other nutrients like vitamins (e.g., vitamin E) and minerals (e.g., magnesium).
- MCT Oil: MCT oil consists mainly of medium-chain triglycerides, specifically caprylic acid (C8) and capric acid (C10). These fatty acids are known for their rapid digestion and energy-boosting properties.
3. Uses and Benefits:
- Hemp Oil: Hemp oil is commonly used as a dietary supplement and for culinary purposes. It has a nutty flavor and is often used in salad dressings, smoothies, and as a cooking oil. It is also applied topically in skincare products due to its potential moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- MCT Oil: MCT oil is popular for its use as a dietary supplement and as an ingredient in various keto and low-carb diets. It is known for its quick energy release and potential to support weight management. MCT oil is also used as a carrier oil for CBD and other fat-soluble supplements.
- Hemp Oil: Hemp oil may contain trace amounts of cannabinoids like CBD (cannabidiol), but these are typically found in very low concentrations (if at all) in hemp seed oil.
- MCT Oil: MCT oil does not contain cannabinoids because it is derived from fatty acids and not from the hemp plant's aerial parts where cannabinoids are found.
In summary, hemp oil is primarily derived from hemp seeds and contains essential fatty acids and nutrients, while MCT oil is derived from coconut or palm oil and consists mainly of medium-chain triglycerides. They serve different purposes and are used for different reasons, with hemp oil being more nutritionally focused and MCT oil often used for energy and as a carrier for supplements. When using these oils, it's essential to understand their intended use and potential benefits.